Discover what is WordPress used for and when to choose WordPress. Learn the advantages of the most popular CMS and when to use it in your project.
What Is WordPress?
WordPress is a free and open source content management system (CMS) based on PHP. It is maintained by the WordPress Foundation and licensed under GPLv2+.
WordPress has a plugin architecture and a template system that is called inside WordPress by themes.
WordPress is currently the most popular content management system (CMS) on the web taking around 58% of CMS market share. WordPress also powers nearly 17% of the Internet.
Read more on Wikipedia.
What is WordPress Used For?
You can use WordPress for a wide range of web projects and businesses including the following:
- Personal Blogs.
- Business Websites.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) Websites.
- Membership Websites.
- Portfolios & Online Resumes.
- E-Commerce Stores.
- Education Websites.
- Maps & Directories.
- Job Portals.
- Online Support Portals.
- Real Estate Portals.
- Booking Engines.
- Classified Ads Websites.
- Coupon Deals Websites.
Who Uses WordPress?
WordPress is used by millions of websites around the web. It is the most popular CMS afterall.
Few selected companies can be found below:
- BBC America
- Bloomberg Professional
- Chicago Sun Times
- Facebook Newsroom
- Flickr Blog
- Georgia State University
- Groupe Renault
- Herald Sun
- IBM Jobs Blog
- Inside BlackBerry
- Katy Perry
- Microsoft News
- New York Post
- Ogilvy & Mather South Africa
- PlayStation Blog
- Reuters Blogs
- Rotary Means Business
- Sony Music
- Staples Canada Blog
- Star Wars News
- Sweden’s Official Website
- TED Blog
- The City University of New
- The Havard Gazette
- The Mozilla Blog
- The Official Rackspace Blog
- The Rolling Stones
- The Wall Street Journal Law Blog
- The Walt Disney Company
- The White House
- Toyota Motors Brasil
- Usain Bolt
- cPanel Blog
You can find more at: https://wordpress.org/showcase/
Why Choosing WordPress?
- It is free.
- It is an open-source project.
- It is trusted by top companies.
- No coding or technical skills are required.
- It is easy to add and edit content.
- It is easy to create unique designs if your theme is customizable.
- It is highly extensible with plugins.
- It is multipurpose and can be used to build any website.
- A vast marketplace of plugins, themes, and templates.
- Search engine friendly.
- Fully compliant with the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
- It is supported by a big community and a large pool of experts.
Build Your WordPress Website The Right Way!
Labinator provides premium accessible WordPress development services that cover all your needs.
In addition to that, we offer the best multipurpose WordPress themes and plugins that allow you to build your dream website the right way.
Check our WordPress Marketplace to learn more about our products.
Best Collection Of WordPress Guides & Checklists
Our complete and latest collection of WordPress guides and resources that cover everything you need to get the most out of your WordPress website.
Download Them All!
All of our guides will be sent to your inbox